Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Migration nights

wooooo...it would be an awesome experience for me where i finally able to do some night jobs and enjoy the midnight life for a while lar...fuyoh!!

this would be my fourth night doing migration where i decided to write down some of my feelings when i'm doing migration ler....hahaha.... but but we gonna go back a little bit backwards before the night of migration....so call breaking the 'virgin night' wuahaha...=p
so, it's started this way...me been called by my boss to his place where you know lar...our working area do not have any rooms actually...bosses sitting the same place...hahaha... so i'm being assigned to involved in a project that called....fuyoh...u can't believe ler..."survival plan" project... really surviving lar...hahaha...i mainly in charge of the UMB...hehehe... i'm so damb excited where finally i can do something big yo... then only realized that my boss actually thought i knew the system where he said nvm...learn now....wah...amazingly i do not know anything...i've learned from scratch.. there's where i running around to grap things for testing... i think got loose a bit weight geh...hahaha...joking lar...

1st night
having those very kan cheong and excited feeling where finally... me grow up lar...lepak at midnight...actually not lepak lar...but working.. so got myself prepared and left my house at 11:30pm and reached around 11:45pm...imagine..how near my house lar...wuahahahaha...
then prepared all my stuff such as phones and test sim cards next to me and some with my colleague. when the vendor finished setting up...we are good to go and start our testing..woo...
there goes all the phone being pick up and start pressing those buttons such as *128#... it has being repeatedly press..i dont know...roughly more than 100 times i guess...wuahaha... where 3 times we tested in different mam or can said is servers... for postpaid side will be roughly 100 test cases... 100x3 times = 300..??????? wah..... and the whole activity are running very smooth and the vendor are very frenly and patient where he jokes around with us...most keng wan is that he very confident in his system.. yup...successfully 100%....hurray...1st night...yup...
a lovely and satisfied one...4am it is...another 2 hours to wait where i'd spent my hours checking emails and trying to solved some of the Job orders...hmmm..so hardworking..wuahaha.... 6am...gone home and took a big sleep....

2nd night
this one would be the VCA(value card application) where it is regarding the reload system. i'd being assigned to lead the migration where the testing will be done by my colleague and i'm the one making decisions and sending out emails to inform the involve parties the status of the migration...so so...here we go...the vendor started at 12am... 1st script started and run successfully where about 1am...we checked on it and yup...the vendor can start the following script where it hit the target we want..yatta~~ so meanwhile...me getting a bit bored...but ah..notty and do not want to do daily work...so i went on to check on the internet...watch some football videos...then sudd...guess what happened...wah~~my connection start having prob and i cant even connect to the internet already...ah~~~ no more streaming...nooooooooonooooooooo~~
then my colleague said to me:" hahahaha...watched video lar..that's y...now cannot stream...=p" then he proceed with the testing where i kept restarting my pc...till i gave up...half dead without anything to do...
suddenly the vendor shout out a bit...eh!! what happened? why the connection down...i can't connece to the system...(hmm..interesting...where the colleague that teased me has to find out the prob and solve the issue...me laugh laugh a bit lar...) it took roughly few hours to solved the issue and we din manage to complete it...so ar...consider failed and the colleague that teased me just now...told me something wonderful....hahaha=p... dun worry...part of the learning process ler... last time i had to redo till 5 times only successful...weii!!! dun scare me lar...hahaha.... so we are forced to rollback all the steps and arrange another night for this.... gone home and rest...
wuahaha...


to be continue...

1 comment:

Samurai said...

2nd nite story looks familiar.

Hmm..